We provide online training instructions for acclimating your dog, using treats and rewards, and temporarily placing your existing pad on BrilliantPad. Generally you put your existing pad on the machine, then fold in half, then quarters, etc. to transition your dog from his old pad to the BrilliantPad surface.
The specific instructions are:
- Put your regular pad on top of the BrilliantPad machine.
- Let your dog get comfortable going potty on top of BrilliantPad.
- Gradually reduce the size of the pad by folding or cutting the pad.
- Fold or cut the pad in half; then in quarters.
- Finally, remove the pad completely.
If your dog has a problem adjusting to a smaller pad size or no pad, go back to the last size which your dog used successfully. Then wait a few days and try reducing the pad size again.