If your dog goes potty on a fresh grass patch or piece of artificial turf, put some of the grass or turf on BrilliantPad. Gradually reduce the size until your dog goes potty directly on the machine. Continue reading to learn how to transition dogs from grass patches to BrilliantPad.
TRANSITION FROM GRASS PATCHES
- Setup BrilliantPad in your dog’s current potty spot.
- Place a portion of the grass patch or artificial turf on BrilliantPad. This signals your dog can go potty here.
- After your dog has successfully gone potty on the grass or turf several times, remove some of the grass.
- Progressively make the patch smaller until your dog goes directly on BrilliantPad.
- Give your dog a treat and lots of praise after going potty on BrilliantPad.
- If your dog has an accident, clean up with TIDY SHOT Enzymatic Cleaner so the accident spot doesn't become the potty spot.
Be consistent and positive. Shouting is counter-productive.
- Sometimes house training is a dance, one step forward, one step back. Be patient and jitterbug your way to success.